HowTo - Xerox 7655
Instructions on setting up the Xerox Print Drivers.
Download the driver at Xerox.
(You can choose your OS here)
2. Here is the Windows XP specific link
3. Choose Xerox Global Print Driver
4. Next choose Install from Web
5. It will download a Setup file. Once the file has been downloaded, double click to run it.
6. The setup process then goes through to download the required files. Choose the default options.
7. You will then get a screen that will try to identify the printers on the network. Our printer is called cba-mis-xerox.bsa.kent.edu, with IP 188.8.131.52. If you logging in at school, it should auto discover this printer. If it doesn't, type the above IP address in the box, and you will then see the printer. Make sure the printer is selected, and then click NEXT.
8. Click on NEXT again with the default Postscript driver selected.
9. The setup process will download more files, and create a print queue. Once installation is complete, you will get a message box. Before you hit NEXT/Finish, uncheck the "Print Test Page" box.
The next few steps are required before you can print. Our printer now has Xerox Accounting Software installed. That means, we will be charged for the pages we print. To enable this, do the following:
1. In Windows, from Control Panel, open up Printers.
2. Right click on the Printer you just installed, Xerox Global Print Driver / Xerox 7655.
3. Choose Properties.
4. Select the Configuration Tab, and then click on Accounting.
5. In the Accounting Tab, choose Standard Accounting.
6. Choose Do Not Prompt in the dialog box, and enter your credentials as follows:
- User ID: This is your 4 digit copier code. Unique for each person
- Account Type: Use the pull down menu to choose Group Account
- For Account ID: See your email for this ID
- Click Save/Apply
7. Go to Color Options, and choose Black and White as default.
8. You can choose further options like Double Sided, Staple, or Hole Punch, as default.
9. Print Test Page.10. Enjoy